2018-09-06: The first introduction meeting will be on Thursday, September 6-th, 10.15 - ca 11.00 in H421 at the Physics Department.
2018-09-06: Lab groups formed, see the Laboratory Exercises. Lecture 0 is available for download (Lectures)
2018-09-09, Lecture 1, EBL in nanofabrication is available for download
2018-09-11, Lab 1 description is available
2018-09-13, Lecture 2 is available
2018-09-17, Lecture 3 is ready for download
2018-09-20, Lecture 4 is available
2018-10-03, Lab 3 is updated
2018-10-09, the new date for the exam: Monday, Oct 29, 8-13, room H221
Course code: FFFN01 (Faculty of Engineering) and FYST31 (Natural Science Faculty)
Course responsible: Ivan Maximov, Lund Nano Lab, Division of Solid State Physics, Lund University, Box 118, S-221 00, Lund, Sweden
The aim of the course is to give a basic knowledge of a modern research-grade cleanroom, different methods of semiconductor nanofabrication and some practical experience how to make and characterise nanostructures. The participants of the course will use our modern cleanroom facility (Lund Nano Lab) for processing of nanostructures and take part in the course projects, which are closely connected to our research. The course yields 7.5 ECTS credits and is given 2 times a year. Please note that the number of students is limited to 12.
The course consists of the following parts:
- Lectures (given in the beginning of the course, during the first 2 - 3 weeks)
- Laboratory work in small subgroups, 3 persons per group
- Written examination
- Project work, usually related to research activity at the Division of Solid State Physics, Lund University
- Presentation of the project work at a "mini-conference" and the final project report
Apart from the lectures notes and the selected review articles (see the Lectures section), the following books are recommended:
- Zheng Cui, Nanofabrication: principles, capabilities and limits, 2008.
- W. Whyte, Cleanroom Technology, J. Wiley & sons, 2001
- S. Z. Sze, Semiconductor Devices. Physics and Technology, J. Wiley & sons
Schedule for autumn 2018 (HT18)
- Start of the course, introduction meeting, planning: September 6-th, 2018
- Lectures, study of the course material: September - October 2018
- Labs: September - October 2018
- Selection of projects, formation of the project groups: September - October, 2018
- Examination: October 30, 2018 14 - 19, room H421. The lab reports must be approved before the exam.
- Work on the course projects: October - December 2018
- Presentation of the projects: January 2019 (exact date to be decided)
- End of the course: January 2019 (about one week after the project presentation)